Groups allow you to report against a subset of the users that are in your organization.
- Select 'Groups' from the administration menu
- Select the '+ Add Group' button at the top of the screen
- Type in a name for the group
- Optional: Type in a description for the group
- Select the workflows field to see a drop down list of available workflows to assign to the group. Any user who is a member of this group will see the assigned workflows in their mobile application.
- Select user(s) to assign to the group by clicking on the toggle located next to the user's name
- Select 'Save' at the bottom of the screen
The group is created and will appear in the list of groups for your organization. You can tap the 'Edit' icon next to the group in order to add additional users to a group or change the details for the group anytime.
- You can use the 'Filter for users' field to quickly search and add users to a group.
- There is a checkbox ‘This group accepts jobs from all workflows’ which is unchecked by default. If this option is selected, when filtering for the group in the web based job activity feed , it will show completed jobs from workflows within any group the users may be assigned. This allows a single filter sort of the job activity page while seeing all work completed by multi-group users. If this option is not selected when filtering for the group, the job activity feed will only show completed jobs from workflows within this specific group.
There is a group of technicians who hop between multiple different groups, but are all managed by a single manager who wants to filter job activity to see the work they are all doing. If a group is created for those technicians that accepts jobs from any group workflow, then even though they are completing workflows from multiple groups, all completed jobs show up in one easily filtered job activity feed for the manager.
- The default group, 'CompanyName' is applied to every workflow when the workflow is first created, although it can be removed from that workflow. If you leave that default group on the workflow then at minimum that workflow will be available to the user in the mobile app when s/he creates a job. If you remove that default group from the workflow and don't add any other groups to the workflow, none of the workflows will be available to the user when s/he creates a job in the mobile app.