There are several reasons why your content may not be uploading into vision.
Is content uploading?
- Navigate to the gallery of the Vision app.
- Check for a small cloud icon in the bottom right-hand corner of each image.
- If you do not see the cloud icon, then content has not uploaded and an adequate data connection is needed to resume/start the upload. Figure 1
- If the cloud icon has a checkmark in it, the content in question has been uploaded to Vision. Figure 2
Once a cellular/wifi connection is established, the images should automatically upload to Vision, and you should then see the cloud symbol. Figure 2
Am I connected to the network?
- In order for content to upload, a device must have a cellular/Wifi connection or will need to be connected to a personal hotspot (PHS).
- In Figure 1 the device is in airplane mode, and consequently content is unable to upload to Vision.
- In Figure 2 connection has been reestablished and content has uploaded.
Do I have poor signal strength?
- If you are working in an area with poor cellular or wifi signal, content will not upload.
- If you find yourself in this situation, wait until you reach an area with greater signal strength and then check again to verify the content is uploading correctly.
Is my content too large to upload quickly?
- Factor in additional time for large amounts of content or long videos (2 min +).
- If you are a technician, consider uploading this content while you’re cleaning up the job site or filling out the rest of a service ticket.
Restart my application
If none of these situations apply then you should restart your application which will trigger the upload process again.
Force Content Upload
- If you have verified that none of the content has uploaded to vision, navigate to the settings menu.
- Logout of your account and completely close the app from running in the background.
- Reopen the app and log back into your account.
- Navigate to the gallery and check for the cloud icon or look for the counter arrow (⇧) to indicate an upload is in progress.
- Try taking another photo/video to initiate the upload process.
- Navigate to the 'Settings and Help' screen.
- Select the button 'Force Content Upload'. This button is a new feature for cases where there is content which doesn't automatically upload.
- Navigate to 'Search' to find and verify your content has been forced to upload.
Though clicking this button will cause stuck content to upload, it does not prevent future photos/videos from getting stuck. Instead, you take the steps below to prevent future photos/videos from getting stuck while trying to upload.
- Go to the Search section of the app and search for your first name to see if the photos/videos are uploading to Vision cloud. Any photo/video in the Gallery section of the app should also appear in the Search area. If you cannot find an expected item in the Search area, try the 'Force Content Upload' option again and if still doesn't show in the Search area stop here and let me know so I can help you. Otherwise, if everything in Gallery also appears in the Search section proceed to the next step.
- Delete all the items from the Gallery section. This step is important because photos/videos are not uploading due to one of the items in the Gallery blocking new items from uploading.
- To confirm the issue is fixed, take a new photo/video and accept it then go to the 'Search' again to your name and confirm that it did indeed upload.